|Benefit||General Program Giving Level||Foundation & Teacher Training Giving Level||Benefactor Giving Level|
|All General Program Classes|
(See our Calendar)
|Full Day Courses||$20||$20||Included|
|Half Day Courses||$12.50||$12.50||Included|
|Foundation/Teacher Training Classes||N/A||Included||Included|
|Guided Retreats at the Center||Cost varies by retreat||Cost varies by retreat||Included|
|Off-site Retreats||Cost varies by retreat||Cost varies by retreat||Cost of off-site accommodations only|
|GP Guest Passes||4||4||4|
About the General Program
The General Program (GP) classes are drop-in classes that are open to everyone. General Program classes provide a basic introduction to Buddhist meditation and practice that is suitable for beginners. It also includes advanced teachings and practice from both Sutra and Tantra. You can find a schedule for General Program classes we offer around town (as well as other events!) on our calendar. Alternatively, please call (678) 453-6753 to find out what’s going on in your part of town.
About the Foundation & Teacher Training Programs
The next step…
The Foundation Program (FP) offers an opportunity to deepen our understanding and experience of Buddhism through a systematic study of six texts written by Geshe Kelsang Gyatso. You can learn more about the Foundation Program here. If you would like additional information or would like to join, please contact the Education Program Coordinator (EPC) at (678) 453-6753 or at email@example.com.
The Teacher Training Program (TTP) is designed for people who wish to train as authentic Dharma Teachers. In addition to completing the study of fourteen texts of Sutra and Tantra, the student observes certain commitments and completes a required number of meditation retreats. The prerequisite for joining TTP is to have been a student on FP or GP for at least one year. For more information, please visit our TTP page or contact the Education Program Coordinator (EPC) at (678) 453-6753 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Correspondence classes are available for those that are living too far away from the Center for FP/TTP classroom attendance. Classroom recordings are made available, and commitments are the same as those of classroom study program participants.
Why become a Benefactor?
As a Benefactor, you receive most* GP and FP/TTP benefits free of charge, and your gift is entirely tax deductible. Since KMC Georgia receives no outside funding, this is how we express our sincerest “thank you” for your exceptional generosity. Benefactor gifts are essential to sustaining the Meditation Center, its facilities and the wide variety of spiritual support to our Atlanta community. Benefactors help not only KMC Georgia, but every living being in Atlanta and beyond. This would not be possible without you.
*Additional cost for accommodation portion of off-site retreats. The cost of the accommodation portion varies depending on the venue.
How do I sign up?
To join one of our membership programs below, please…
- If you are joining as a General Program member, learn more about the General Program here. You can also find General Program events on the Classes menu item above and on our calendar. Go on to step 3, below.
- If you are joining the Foundation/Teacher Training Program, please contact the KMC Georgia Education Program Administrator (EPC) at email@example.com or at 678-453-6753 before registering for logistical and other information.
- In the form below, select the membership level at which you wish to join.
- Want to pledge a different amount? Choose “Select here to specify a different amount” and indicate your amount in the field that appears.
- Click on the “Join” button, and you will be taken to PayPal to complete your registration.
- After you register, we and PayPal will send you an email confirmation with lots of information.